Pages

Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

jan. 19 meal planning


Meal planning keeps me sane. I make it my goal to only step foot in the grocery store once a week. In order to succeed in that goal, I meal plan, so there are no spontaneous trips to the store for a missing ingredient. So, here's what this week looked like for me:

BLT's & Homemade Fries
- Bacon
- Lettuce
- Tomato
- Potatoes

Tilapia Picatta
- Tilapia filets
- Capers
-Angel hair noodles
-Lemon juice

Tuna Melts & Mac n' cheese*
- Tuna
- Sandwich thins
- Small shell noodles
- Cheese

Spicy Shrimp & Vegetable Lo Mein
- Shrimp
- Spicy Asain sauce
- Stirfry veggies
-Angel Hair pasta
- ginger
- Soy sauce

Sloppy Joes & Cabbage-apple slaw
- Lean ground beef
- cabbage
- apples
- apple cider vinegar
- buns

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup & Crusty bread
- Chicken stock
- Chicken
- Whole wheat egg noodles
- Carrots
- Celery
- Crusty bread

Fajitas
- Grilled Chicken
- Green peppers
-Onions
- Fajita Seasoning
- Shells

Don't laugh at us because we still eat sloppy joes and macaroni and cheese. Yes, we're both 25. Don't judge. I also have a goal of trying to spend only $50 a week on groceries. I do this by using coupons, buying more or in bulk when stuff is on sale and also by seeing what I already have and making a meal using those ingredients.

So, do you meal plan? What are you tips? If you ever want a recipe, just ask! Feel free to send me some of your faves as well!

*If I'm completely honest, sometimes I just make Kraft Mac N' Cheese. I can't help it, it's delicious and nostalgic, a comfort food, if you will.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.