Pages

Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

menu planner



As I've said before, menu planning keeps me sane. I used to start stressing every day at about 3 o'clock about what I was going to make for dinner. Often times I would begin to make something and then realize I was missing an ingredient. Frustrating, let me tell you. So in order to rid myself of this reoccurring frustration, I decided to start menu planning. On Sunday afternoons, I sit down with my recipe binder, coupons, and shopping list and I hash it out. I love to try new recipes, but I also like to give myself nights where the meals are no-brainers. 

I have a menu planner on the side of my frig where I write* down all the options for the week. I usually trade around the days depending on my mood, but it's nice to be able to look at it and know I have everything I need to make anything on that menu. My menu planner is a free printable from Ollibird which you can download and print for yourself here. And then I got it laminated, which works great with dry-erase markers. They suggest to frame it so you can write on it, which is also another option.

Anyone else an menu planner out there? Maybe you're trying to become one - if this cute & free planner isn't enough to motivate you, I'm not sure what will. :)



*that's not my handwriting in the picture above. I think Josh got water on it and had to re-write it.

2 comments:

  1. That's really cute! I like it! :) I just signed up for e-mealz, and they do all the hardwork for you and plan your meals for the week based on the sales at your local store (which you choose)and you print out an organized shopping list and menu with all the recipes! Working well for me so far this week! :) so nice to not have to worry about dinner, especially since we are always so busy!

    (Jen Regalado)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen! Someone else I know told me that they use e-mealz and love it. It sounds like a great system! Def. something for me to keep in mind for the future when I have kiddos running around and life gets busier. :)

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments.