Pages

Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

looking back & looking ahead

It's hard to believe 2011 is already coming to a close. It was last Christmas that I decided I really wanted to start blogging and the fact that I've kept up with this blog for a whole year is a big accomplishment for me. It's been really fun and has become something I truly enjoy doing and that's thanks to all of you.

So, let's look back at some of the highlights from this year:

January: We welcomed a new addition to our little family - Baxter, our pound puppy.
We couldn't imagine life without him now.

February: We built a 12-person farmhouse table in our basement. It was the perfect solution to an eat-in kitchen with no additional dining space. 
(This post also received a few features on other great blogs!)

March: We refinished a hutch that we had in our mudroom to be a companion for the new table.

April: My love for finding old things and giving them new life flourished. Starting with this upcycled old rake.

May: I added some flair to our entryway in the form of this diy wooden hello sign.

June: We went on vacation to celebrate our 3 year anniversary! I shared how we saved money while on vacation and how I captured pretty pictures.


July: We added gallery shelving to our living room that makes quite the statement.


August: I hosted a shower and helped decorate a room for a very special baby.




September: I opened an etsy shop! It has truly exceeded my expectations! Shout out to all my readers who also became loyal customers. :)


October: I took my sewing to a new level and tried my hand at tailoring clothing and adding embellishments.




November: I embraced fall & Thanksgiving with this diy felt pinecone and implementing a thankful branch.




December: I worked on making homemade gifts and made a fun advent calendar.




All in all, it's been a great and productive year! Thanks for following along!
Looking ahead to 2012, I have lots of great projects in store and lots of awesome items to add to the shop! I have a feeling 2012 is going to be the best year yet!

See you in 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.