Pages

Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

AWE vs. me

One of the catalogs I love to get on a regular basis and peruse through for home decor is At West End (AWE). They call themselves "a unique place for rustic and recycled home decor". Right up my alley.

Their catalogs are always filled with pretty and inspirational images and finds. Flipping through the catalog this month, I couldn't help but notice how many things pictured were so similar to things in my own house that I had picked up while thrifting!

Their tiny animal planters...

...my tiny animal planter (quarter yard sale find)

Their wrought iron anchor...

...my wrought iron anchor (50 cents at a yard sale)

Their rake hanger...

...my rake hanger ($3 at an antique store)

Their way to corral twine...

...my way to corral twine ($1 at a yard sale)

Their door stop...

...my door stop ($1 at the thrift store)

Their color coordinated books...

...my color coordinated books (4/$1 at a thrift store)

Their white ceramic owls...

...my white ceramic owls (50 cents each at the thrift store)

Their honey jar...

...my honey jar (50 cents at the thrift store)

There were also a couple things that reminded me of stuff in my shop:

Their towel holder...

SALE - Vintage Plate/PIcutre/Towel Holder - Cream Colored

Their owl trivet....

...honeysuckle finds owl trivet. ($7 - SOLD OUT)
Set of 2 Vintage Owl Trivits

Maybe over time their images have subconsciously influenced my eye for a good find. :)

What catalogs do you look through for inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.