Pages

Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Grady's Easter Best

I felt it again this weekend. The same way I felt at Christmas. 
Like I was experiencing something for the first time - and I kinda was.
That's the thing with having a child; everything feels new. His firsts are firsts for me, too.
It was Grady's first Easter.
And although he's too young to understand the real meaning of Easter, I was still excited to make him an Easter basket filled with all kinds of things an 8 month old would love. Including puff-filled eggs.
 photo file_zps1a539dae.jpg

And I could resist making him something special to wear.
I've been loving polka dot chambray lately so I decided to make him a bow tie for his Easter best.
 photo file_zps64a7b9a0.jpg

I just used some white paint I had on hand and the eraser end of a pencil to make dots.
But once I did a couple rows I realized the circles were a bit big and switched to using the end of a click pen. 
 photo file_zps95dd2c0a.jpg

I used a ruler to keep straight lines and a uniform pattern.
 photo file_zps7075a614.jpg

So here's what I ended up with. You don't need much fabric to make a bow tie, fortunately.
 photo file_zps523cbdfc.jpg

I cut my fabric right on the fold so I just had the polka dot section and then I sewed it into a rectangle.
I left off a little scrap to make the middle section.
 photo file_zpscf9cddbf.jpg

I then folded in each of the sides and sewed the middle on.
 photo file_zps08f67331.jpg

I tell you what, this boy knows how to rock a bow tie.
 photo file_zpsbc4be0a5.jpg

 photo file_zps32c06ce5.jpg

 photo file_zps89930042.jpg

 photo file_zps262ec91b.jpg

 photo file_zps74667a7b.jpg

 photo file_zps63c884a5.jpg

 photo file_zps35db516b.jpg   photo file_zps0562a105.jpg

 photo file_zps9ec418c6.jpg

 photo file_zps4cbb479c.jpg

I hope you all had a beautiful Easter weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.