Pages

Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

BIG, FAT, EXCITING NEWS!

I've been working on a brand identity that's near and dear to my heart,
a shop called Pastiche at Main.



Pastiche at Main is under the ownership and direction of a sweet friend of mine, Haley Pavao, who had a dream of opening a shop where lots of creative people could come together and share one shop roof. It's tagline is "a hodgepodge of local creatives" and that's exactly what it will be - a beautiful collaboration of people with different talents and skills under one shop name, Pastiche at Main.

And I am oh so excited to announce that Honeysuckle will be one of those creative shops under that roof! A little piece of my dream is coming true through Haley's dream!


"I have a dream of owning my own shop one day. It would be tucked into a picturesque street somewhere lined with buildings full of character. The front would be all windows. I would offer coffee and biscotti, always. I would chat and make friends with people who come into my shop. It would be filled with all sorts of beautiful and unique things. Some vintage, some not. One whole wall would hold my stationary line. It would be the kinds of shop that was always new and surprising. You would walk in and wouldn't be able to help but smile.

But until that day, I'm carving out a little niche for myself here in cyberspace."

This has been my etsy profile for quite some time. And yeah, so the shop isn't technically mine.
And don't hold Haley to offering you biscotti. But everything else is there - a beautiful location in character-filled downtown Lynchburg, big glass front doors and windows, and a shop filled with beautiful and unique things. {Check out the facebook page for a preview of what kinds of things you'll see in Pastiche!}

Honeysuckle will be featuring art prints and invitations {and taking custom designs!}, fun vintage finds {finally room for some bigger pieces!} and even some handmade items!



As I start this new chapter, I've decided to combine Shelby Goodman Designs & The Honeysuckle Shop under one cohesive name: honeysuckle, designs & things. Pretty self explanatory - one part design and one part things. I like the ambiguity in the word 'things' because it doesn't tie me down, but for now those things are mostly unique vintage finds.

I have the hardest time branding myself. I'm always getting new ideas or finding new fonts I like and I want to change things up. So, for this new chapter, I decided to use my own handwriting & drawing for my brand - you can't very well get sick of your own handwriting, can you?
And I'm really liking the idea of have a full name logo with a tagline and then a clean and simple shorthand version of that logo. It works.

And to all you un-local honeysuckle shop fans, don't worry. My etsy store will remain open and will be gaining expanded invitation & art print sections and will still feature one-of-a-kind vintage items!


Thanks for getting excited along with me and being a part of the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.